WELCOME TO PARC COVID NORMAL
We did it! The day is finally here when we can announce what a PARC ‘COVID Normal’ looks like and we couldn’t be more thrilled! Following the Victorian Government announcement on Sunday 6th December we’ve updated our terms of entry and capacity allowances. So, here’s everything you need to know about the main two updates:
- Capacity allowance: We can now welcome 1 person per every 4 sq metres in Centre. This means a lot more freedom and flexibility across the facility, particularly Group Exercise classes!
- Keep an eye out for signage in each area stating how many people can be in the space.
- For more information please see our COVID safe plan.
- Face masks: Are no longer mandatory and are now to be worn at patron’s discretion. The Victorian Government, however, is strongly recommending they remain in place and so to protect our patrons all Peninsula Leisure staff will still be wearing masks.
Additional new updates:
- Car parking: Will be reinstated from Tuesday 8th December, all members need to make sure their parking pass is up to date and see reception if a new one is required.
- PARC Swim: Memberships remain on hold and are due to be reinstated next year in time for Term 1. However we’ve launched a Summer intensive program for interested members, click here for more info.
- Virtual fitness is back: Any member attending must wipe down their own equipment at the end of the class.
- User groups: Can enquire for bookings across the facility. Please click here for more info.
- Birthday Parties & Holiday programs: We’ll be announcing the details of our Summer holiday program and birthday party bookings soon, so watch this space!
PARC COVID Normal terms of entry
To continue to protect everyone who visits PARC, we have strict terms of entry. These must be adhered to so the Centre remains safe, clean and open!
- If you’re feeling unwell, please do not come into the Centre. You must stay home, seek medical advice and get tested.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory but strongly advised by the Victorian Government.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, please do not come to the Centre for 14 days, or until you’ve tested negative for COVID-19.
- Every person who enters the Centre is required to undertake some basic practices like disinfecting with sanitiser and being reminded to wipe down equipment after use.
- Practise social distancing of 1.5 metres at all times. Follow the markers placed around the Centre to maintain a safe distance.
- Keep note of the capacity allowances in each area of the facility, particularly smaller spaces such as change rooms, sauna and steam room. Be mindful of other patrons wanting to use these facilities and move through frequently.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle for workouts.
- All visitor details are recorded either through PARC member wrist band at turnstile or a QR code for all other visitors.
- All staff and visitors are strongly advised to have downloaded the COVID-Safe App.