Roasted pumpkin and tofu curry
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
- 150-200g firm tofu
- 200g pumpkin, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, peeled and squashed
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of baby spinach
- Red or green curry paste
- Small handful of raw cashews
- Chop pumpkin and tofu into 2-3cm cubes (larger pieces will take longer to cook).
- Add garlic and toss gently in a large bowl with olive oil so as not to break up the tofu. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated hot oven at 180-200°C, shaking 2-3 times, for one hour.
- Toss the cashews in the oil from the tofu and pumpkin that remain in the bowl. Add to the pumpkin and tofu after 40 minutes.
- In a wok, warm the curry paste and coconut milk.
- Add baked ingredients and stir occasionally until the pumpkin ‘mashes’ into a sauce with the coconut milk.
- Taste and add more curry paste if needed. Add the baby spinach to wilt in wok and serve on brown rice topped with coriander.